Monday, November 7, 2011

LinkedIn Veterans Hackday 2011

A little different topic today but for a really good cause. I really appreciate all the effort that the military personnel has been putting together and I have heard many stories from a few and also some scary ones from the war zone which is not fun at all. That's the reality of the world we live in and while we can't (yet) stop the war, we can improve the life of the ones being part of that.

Today, I found that LinkedIn is promoting a Veterans Hackday and honestly there is nothing better than being able to use your skills to give something back to those that sacrifices their lives every day.

So, I decided to use my tech skills and hack a little project that will benefit our veterans. I honestly can't do all of that by myself and I'm counting on those from the San Diego, CA area that are available and want to work together on this over the weekend.

As I just started organizing this, I don't have an idea yet but I'd be glad to start designing something as soon as possible and then do the coding later in the week.

If you want to hack something together, please reach out and let's work together on this patriotic project...

Setting Up Local Environment for Developing Oracle Intelligent Bots Custom Components

Oh the joy of having a local development environment is priceless. For most cloud based solutions the story repeats itself being hard to tr...