How to Change Oracle JDeveloper 12c Font Size on Mac OS X
There are a few references to this on the Internet but they all seem to describe the behavior of Oracle JDeveloper 11g and not the current version 12c.
If you, like me, have been using Oracle JDeveloper 12c on a Mac OS X and wondered how can you change the IDE's font size then look no further :) Here are the instructions that worked for me:
- After installing Oracle JDeveloper 12c go to the Help menu and Check for Updates. Install the necessary extensions to do the kind of work you want (i.e. Mobile Application Framework) and restart JDeveloper.
- You'll probably see an undesired font size after you restart JDeveloper like the picture below.
- Shut down JDeveloper and open a Terminal session.
- Go to /Users/<username>/.jdeveloper/system12.x.x.x.xx.xxxxxx.xxxx/o.jdeveloper.12.x.x.x.xx.xxxxxx.xxxx (i.e. /Users/Marcelo/.jdeveloper/system184.108.40.206.41.140521.1008/o.jdeveloper.220.127.116.11.41.150325.1239)
- Open the file ide.properties (you can use vi, nano, etc). Any text editor will do it.
- Find the line Ide.FontSize.Aqua=10. It should be something similar to:
# The default Ide.FontSize for Mac OS X. Ide.FontSize.Aqua=10
- Update the IDE's font size replacing the lines above with the following:
# The default Ide.FontSize for Mac OS X. Ide.FontSize=10
- Save and close the file. Start JDeveloper again and you should see the updated IDE's font size similar to the picture below.