Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The new 127.0.0.1

I've started on a new job a week ago at Oracle and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. First of all, after 8 years I'm back to the office life and not working from home full time. Honestly, I was missing that kind of stuff and the interactions and conversations I've in the office are unbeatable. There are so many smart folks here that anytime I hear them talking about the exciting things they are working on I can't wait to finish all of the paperwork and onboarding stuff and get my hands dirty with the technology.
I'm working out of one of the old Sun Microsystems offices and you can imagine that most of the guys and girls here are either from the hardware side, Linux or Solaris...
I'm primarily working with the Oracle Fusion Middleware product line which is a long list of products itself.
I've heard so many different opinions about my decision to join Oracle and I prefer to keep the good ones for now. Nobody builds a company like this without passion and hard work and I truly believe this is going to be a fun ride.

Setting Up Local Environment for Developing Oracle Intelligent Bots Custom Components

Oh the joy of having a local development environment is priceless. For most cloud based solutions the story repeats itself being hard to tr...